GUARANTEED FUN THIS AMAZING DOLPHIN WATCHING BOAT TRIP FROM VILAMOURA MARINA, Algarve!
Algarve Xcite Watersports Vilamoura offering this wonderful family experience to search for wild Dolphins and visit the remote caves.
The maneuverability of our commercial Dolphin Boats allows us to show you safely and securely all that the Algarve has to offer . The size of our vessel’s allows us to offer you a personalized experience that does not compromise on space, safety or comfort . Say good bye to large crowds!
Dolphins and man have enjoyed a unique bond since the dawn of time and it is ironic that the dolphin’s most dangerous predator is man. Having a better understanding of dolphins is mankind’s first step in conservation of the dolphin.
- Dolphins can tell how distant an object is and how solid it is by sending out sound waves and waiting for the echo to come back. This is called echo location and it takes place in the dolphin’s brain.
- Dolphin copulation only lasts 15 to 30 seconds and takes place between males and females, males and males, females and females, young and old.
- Female dolphins nurse their young and stay with their calves for three to five years.
- Dolphins that live close to the coast weigh 300 to 400 pounds and measure 8 feet long. Those living in deeper water can weigh twice as much and stretch out to 10 to 12 feet.
- Dolphin are conscious breathers which means they must think about every breath they take. They can stay under water, without a breath for 8 to 12 minutes and they have been known to dive 1000 feet.
- Dolphins make a wide variety of clicks, whistles, squeaks and squawks. One reason that people like dolphins is that their mouths are fixed in a permanent smile.
It is easy to find the dolphins with our custom built Rigid Inflatable Boats. Come see us for what will surely be a fun and educational tour. We guarantee it!
Our fast RIB Boats offer an exhilarating ride and get you close to the action quickly. The RIB’s have cushioned seats for comfort and almost “fly” through the water.
Please feel free to contact us if you wish to discuss any of these aspects further.
Phone: (+351) 289 301 884
Mobile: (+351) 937 777 913
Find us at: Office 5, Cais Q, Vilamoura Marina, 8125-409 Vilamoura, Algarve