Check-in / Duration
• Check-in 15 minutes prior to your trip departure.
• Our Dolphin Watching Experience departs daily from the Vilamoura Marina.
•Dolphin Safari and Caves Tours in Faro Vilamoura Algarve experience lasts for up to 2 hours.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Can you really see whales and dolphins in the Algarve? Absolutely! The Common dolphins are found on a very regular basis, Bottlenose dolphins and Orca killer whales can be seen at certain times of the year. There shear size and power makes them undoubtedly impressive and always a treat to see. Please take a look at how close you can get to these beautiful animals.
What is the Best time to see the Dolphins in Faro Vilamoura Algarve? Whales and dolphins are mammals so they have to come to the water surface to breathe every couple of minutes, you can See Whales or Dolphins in all kinds of weather and throughout all the year in the Algarve. In the spring and summer the water temperatures are warmer, so the animals tend to spend more time socializing and relaxing, which means you can see them interacting and playing together.
When during the trip do you usually find the animals? The Common dolphins are an ocean species of dolphin, this means they are usually only seen in deep water located out in the open ocean. This is why we use our custom built boats modelled on fast first response coast guard vessels, as it allows us to travel upto 10km out to sea in a short amount of time.
Discover today and protect for tomorrow.Vilamoura Watersports Centre has been doing daily trips for over 20 years and in its time,Vilamoura Watersports Centre dolphin tours have helped contribute to many research studies and collected date to better protect the environment and help preserve dolphins.
Experience the diverse wildlife and stunning scenery of the Algarve, enjoy whale watching , dolphin encounters and the abundant of seabirds while learning from our onboard experts.
How long is the ride? We aim to spend around one hour searching for the wild dolphins in the Algarve and then one hour visiting the secluded beaches and rock formations along the Algarve coast line.
Will I get wet? Due to the size, strength and stability of our custom built Dolphin Watching and Caves Tour boats you should not get wet, however you may experience some light sea water spray so we advise you to take caution when using cameras and electrical goods.
Will you take pictures? Absolutely! Our photo crew will meet you on board your dolphin boat and take a great family photo of you prior to departure, they will then take another photo of you as you leave on the Dolphin Boat Trips from Vilamoura marina. When you return from your Dolphin Watching Boat Tour they will have chosen for you 2 photos and printed them and they will in a Dolphin frame available for you to view and purchase at the office.
What to bring and wear: Wear comfortable clothes such as beach wear or swimming attire. Small bags/purses can be accommodated, but please do not bring any large bags aboard . We do not recommend you to bring on board any valuables however if you choose to do so Vilamoura Watersports Centre take no responsibility for damaged personal belongings.
Restrictions: For your safety, you should be in good health & free from high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this tour. We do not advise people who are pregnant, are recovering from recent injury or anyone with back, neck or heart problems to board. No Age Restrictions ! The Dolphin Watching and Cave Tours are suitable for all ages.
We Provide transport
For Faro Vilamoura Algarve Dolphin Watching, we will pick you up directly from your hotel for an additional €7.50 per person
- Tickets purchased are for a specific event. The event will take place on the date, time and at the location indicated on your ticket/boarding pass.Vilamoura Watersports Centre Dolphin Watching will hold reservations only for the number of passengers indicated on your ticket/boarding pass. Failure to arrive at the designated location, by the designated check-time, will result in all tickets/boarding passes becoming null and void and will render your reservation in-valid. If this occurs ; NO REFUND or consideration whatsoever will be given.
- Cancellations made prior to 24 hours can be rescheduled for another day and time more convenient for you. If you do not want to reschedule we will refund your charges minus a 20% cancellation fee per person.
- Note all passengers must arrive at reservation booth, no later than 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- Weather related cancellations are determined by the management and are 100% refundable.
- Life Jackets are Mandatory.
Get in Touch